Gnocchi for breakfast? Why not? This Gnocchi Breakfast Skillet is perfect for leftover gnocchi – make sure to make extra gnocchi the night before so you can make this for breakfast the next day!!
- 1 ( 400-500 gram) package of gnocchi, prepared according to package directions
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 8 eggs
- seasoning salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes. Drain the fat, then add in the gnocchi and start frying again.
- Fry the gnocchi until crisp on the outside.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs to your desired doneness.
- Divide the gnocchi between 4 bowls, then top each bowl with diced green onion and 2 eggs.
- Season with seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
For step one, you want some bacon grease to fry the gnocchi in and add flavour, but not the entire amount.