These Homemade Portobello Mushroom Burgers are so much better than any restaurant! The secret is a good marinade – overnight! I can’t believe that it’s taken me this long to make homemade portobello mushroom burgers – I LOVE mushrooms!
- 2-4 large portobello mushroom caps – ( a good 4 inches wide)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons truffled olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- buns, lettuce, tomato, etc for topping
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the mushrooms gill side up in a lidded container and pour the marinade over them. I find that the marinade soaks in better this way. Marinate for 4-6 hours but best if overnight.
- To cook, grill the mushrooms on the BBQ until they are cooked through. Make sure to flip from side to side to cook them evenly and get the moisture out.
- Place on toasted buns and top with your toppings of choice.
Using truffle oil is really important – it amps up the mushroom flavour SO incredibly! That’s what makes these soooo good!
Nutritional information is for the mushroom caps only!