This delicious Pork & Beans Cowboy Casserole is bound to be a new family favourite for camping OR at home!
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (28) oz can of molasses pork & beans
- 1 packed refrigerated biscuit dough
- In a large lidded skillet or dutch oven fry the bacon, ground pork and onion until browned. Drain and add in the minced garlic, fry for two more minutes.
- Stir in the pork and beans, then place the biscuits in a single layer on top of the beans.Cover and cook – if you have no lid use tinfoil and tent it over the skillet or pot. Simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are done.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can do this recipe over a campfire with a cast iron skillet or dutch oven, or even in your BBQ or trailer oven.